With the recent release of App Analytics on iTunes Connect, marketers and developers now have a better insight on how their apps are being found in the App Store. One useful metric is App Store Views which represents the number of times your app’s App Store page has been viewed on devices with iOS 8 or later. In fact understanding this metric can help app owners optimize their international presence and drive more downloads by localizing first in the places that matter to most.
App Analytics further breaks down App Store Views by Territory. You can view this by clicking on your app name and under the overview tab scroll down to the (territory) section containing the world map. And on the drop down menu on the right side of the map select App Store Views.
The App Store Views by Territory helps you understand how much traffic your app’s App Store page has received by territory. Understanding this can help you make and prioritize localization decisions in order to further drive app downloads or sales.
Additionally after localizing your app store metadata accordingly so your potential customers can find and learn more about your app in their native languages, you can then continue to measure your App Store Views to understand the impact that the translation of your app name, keywords and description has on your search traffic.
There are three tasks at hand once you view your store traffic:
- Identify the countries with the most App Store Views
- Immediately localize your app’s metadata for the App Store first, followed by your actual app strings localization.
- Measure the impact of your localization on App Store Views and downloads after its release.
It can be a bit cumbersome to:
- copy and paste your app name, keywords and description from the app store,
- get them translated in up to 28 languages,
- manually create each language in iTunes Connect and
- copy and paste each translation in their respective fields.
That would be a total of about 84 copy and paste actions with a page reload after every 3 action as you add or switch language for a total of 28 page reloads. There is a better way.
TraductoPro automates all these steps for you. All you have to do is:
- create an iTunes Connect App Store Information project within the app,
- enter your iTunes Connect login credentials at the prompt and
- TraductoPro automatically downloads your metadata, allows you to order translations and in one click send back all your translations to your iTunes Connect account.
Localizing your App Store Metadata can increase your downloads and sales. More on how it can increase your downloads in our next post.
So what are you waiting for? Go get your metadata translated and share with us the impact of localization on your App Store Views and downloads.