We are elated to release a product update for TraductoPro, version 1.1, featuring Macronization. Macronization was developed as a new key product feature to address the pain of the manual localization process. Many developers wait until the last minute to worry about localization. Selecting macronization during the import process will automatically convert strings into localizable strings, greatly reducing development time and costs. The automation eliminates the excruciating manual process most developers use today.
The first step to localization is to make the strings in the code localizable. Macronization is the process of finding all the relevant strings inside the code and offering the option to inject the string-loading macros (NSLocalizedString, etc.) around the strings. Macronization supports only objective-c files with extensions .m and .mm.
Macronization works by:
- Scanning the code to find all the relevant strings that can use localization.
- Displaying the strings and allowing selection of your localizable strings
- Highlighting selected string in your source code to provide more context
- Defining or modifying your strings keys, values and comments during the process.
- Automatically converting the selected strings into localizable strings by inserting the relevant string-loading macros (NSLocalizedStrings, etc.) into your strings, in the code.
“Eliminate this excruciatingly painful manual process with our unique macronization feature, saving you loads of time and development costs. No more need to manually search through your code to insert NSLocalizedString macros.,” says Jules, Visual Frames Founder.
Have TraductoPro already? Then update your application. If you don’t have TraductoPro, now is the perfect time to check it out!