As we receive case studies, we are utilizing the feedback to improve TraductoPro to meet the needs of developers who wish to localize larger projects with our app and translation services.
Firstly, we would like to thank the creator of PDF Nomad for using TraductoPro for a large scale localization project, which brought to our attention the need for some improvements.
In the case study from PDF Nomad, the developer encountered the following issues:
- Unresponsiveness when dealing with a large project
- Communication issues with TraductoPro servers
- Some miscommunications on native speaker and professional level translations delivered
- Error guidance issues when syncing between the Xcode project and data within TraductoPro
- Longer translation return times than was expected
In response to the above issues, our support team updated TraductoPro to meet the following criteria:
- 1. We quickly solved our server issues by optimizing the server to handle larger project submissions, in particular quote requests.
- 2. We refactored our app collection view to improve performance for large Xcode projects.
- 3. We brought translation issues to our translation partners for resolving and improving the quality of the translations.
We sent the requests to our developers immediately. The release of TraductoPro 1.1.3 was delivered soon after we received notice of the issues identified by the PDF Nomad project.
Some Tips on Avoiding Translation Errors with TraductoPro
- 1. Try to provide the proper context for all strings for the translations so that the translators fully understand the deliverables.
- 2. Be sure to answer any questions sent by translators in a timely manner so they can be resolved before the translations are completed.
Important Note: The service is designed to bring back translations as quickly as possible and the translators will deliver the translations even if there is no response to their questions. However, in most cases translators will revise their translations even if they receive your reply shortly after they completed the job.
In addition, during your first project in TraductoPro, always report all issues to our support team as they occur so we can either help you learn about any tricks with the app or further improve the app and our localization services. Typically, after you use the app one time, all proceeding projects should be a breeze.
In other case studies received from developers, there were few, if any, issues using TraductoPro, and TraductoPro is designed to save considerable time and effort in localizing Xcode projects. We’ve designed the app to be as simple as possible to use, but If at any time you find using the app is not what you expect, our goal is to make it the best localization tool available to Mac and iOS app developers, so please do not hesitate to contact support.